The Year That You Hear contest Rules
- How to Enter the Contest:
- The Year That You Hear contest will be played weekdays, at approximately 7:50am, excluding the following Holidays, should they fall on a weekday; New Years, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- To participate in the contest, listen to WLDE, Fun 101.7 to play “The Year That You Hear” at approximately 7:50am. The announcer will ask for a random caller at 426-5343 to play. The caller will be played a montage of elements from a specific year. The montage could include a combination of television show sound bytes, movie bytes actualities or music that will all be from the same year. The contestant must correctly identify what year the montage of elements is taken from to win the Grand prize and participation prize. The contestant will have one guess. If the contestant guesses incorrectly, they will only receive a participation prize. A particular montage or contest episode may be used again at a later date, but will not be used again for approximately 6 months.
- Eligibility Restrictions:
- The contest is open to all WLDE, Fun 101.7 listeners who reside in or live in Allen, Adams, Dekalb, Huntington, Noble, Steuben, Wells and Whitley counties in Indiana and Defiance, Paulding and Van Wert counties in Ohio.
Employees of WLDE, Fun 101.7, Sarkes Tarzian, Inc., participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the Fort Wayne metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win. Immediate family members are parents, children, spouses, those in spouse-like relationship, and siblings (including those in step- and half-relationships when living in the same household).
- Eligible participants can win The Year That You Hear, its Grand prize and Participation Prize once every 30 days.
Only one Grand prize winner per household is permitted every 30 days.
- Prizes may vary each day and week.
- The winning contestant must claim the prize at the WLDE, Fun 101.7 studios, 347 W. Berry Street, Suite 600, Fort Wayne, IN, during regular business hours. Regular business hours are 8am to 5pm, Monday though Friday, except Holidays. WLDE is closed on weekends.
- Contest prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash. Prizes must be claimed within 30 days or the prize is forfeited and becomes the property of WLDE, Fun 101.7.
- Decisions of station management with respect to the contest are final.
- Payment of all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Winners will be reported to the IRS on IRS Form 1099 or the equivalent, if applicable. Contest winners may receive an IRS Form 1099 or equivalent if their yearly prize total is equal to or exceeds $600.00 from prizes won on stations owned by Sarkes Tarzian Inc., including WLDE, WAJI and WAJI-HD2.
- By participating in the contest, the winner or winners (and their guest or traveling companion, if any) agree to allow their name, voice, and/or likeness to be used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest for a period of one year without additional financial or other compensation.
- Contest winners are required to sign a Receipt verifying eligibility prior to acceptance of any prize of more than nominal value. Before claiming a prize, contest winners (and each of their guests or traveling companions, where applicable) are also required to sign a Liability Release and/or Travel Release if the prize to be awarded is valued at $600.00 or greater, if the contest or the prize entails dangerous or potentially dangerous activity, or if the prize includes the provision of transportation, whether or not such transportation is provided by WLDE, Fun 101.7. Pursuant to the Liability
Release and Travel Release, the winners (and each of their guests or traveling companions, where applicable) will agree to hold WLDE, Fun 101.7, Sarkes Tarzian, Inc., and the respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
These rules are subject to the interpretation of WLDE, Fun 101.7. Any aspect of these rules, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, can be changed at the discretion of WLDE, Fun 101.7, and such change(s) will become effective upon on-air or other appropriate announcement.
As a consequence of delays in the online streaming of the Fun 101.7 signal compared to over-the-air broadcasts, online listeners may be at a disadvantage in attempting to participate in on-air contests. Entrants are encouraged to listen to the station on-air. Fun 101.7 is not responsible for online streaming delays.
No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited.
Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of WLDE, Fun 101.7.
WLDE, Fun 101.7 is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of any prize.
Copies of the written contest rules are available during regular business hours at the main studio of WLDE, Fun 101.7 or by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to WLDE, Fun 101.7 at the address above.