5 For $500 Contest Rules
- How to Enter the Contest:
- The 5 For $500 contest will be played weekdays, at approximately 8:20am, excluding the following Holidays should they fall on a weekday; New Years, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- To participate in the contest, listen to WLDE, Fun 101.7 to play “5 For $500”. The announcer will ask for the 10th caller at (260)- 426-5343 to play. If the caller is able correctly answer the first four multiple choice questions, they win $100. At the point in the contest, a participant can stop. If the contestant correctly answers all five questions, they win a total of $500. If they are wrong on any question, the contest is over and no prize is awarded. Each contestant will be given 5 seconds to respond to each question. If the time elapses before an answer is given, the contest is over.
No purchase is necessary.
- Eligibility Restrictions:
- The contest is open to all WLDE, Fun 101.7 listeners that are 18 years of age or older.
Employees of WLDE, Fun 101.7, Sarkes Tarzian, Inc., participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the Fort Wayne metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win. Immediate family members are parents, children, spouses, those in spouse-like relationship, and siblings (including those in step- and half-relationships when living in the same household). Also, anyone who has ever been employed by or has interned with Sarkes Tarzian Inc, is also ineligible.
- A contestant can only win once every 60 days.
- Only one prize winner per household is permitted.
- $100 prize and $500 Grand Prize
- The winning contestant must claim the prize at the WLDE, Fun 101.7 studios, 347 W. Berry Street, Suite 600, Fort Wayne, IN, during regular business hours. Regular business hours are 8am to 5pm, Monday thru Friday.
- Prizes must be claimed within 30 days or the prize is forfeited and becomes the property of WLDE, Fun 101.7.
- Decisions of station management with respect to the contest are final.
- Payment of all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Winners will be reported to the IRS on IRS Form 1099 or the equivalent, if applicable.
- By participating in the contest, the winner or winners agree to allow their name, voice, and/or likeness to be used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest for a period of one year without additional financial or other compensation.
- Contest winners are required to sign a Receipt verifying eligibility prior to acceptance
of any prize of more than nominal value. Before claiming a prize, contest winners
are also required to sign a Liability Release if the prize to be awarded is valued at $600.00 or greater. The winners will agree to hold WLDE, Fun 101.7, Sarkes
Tarzian, Inc., and the respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
These rules are subject to the interpretation of WLDE, Fun 101.7. Any aspect of
these rules, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater
value, can be changed at the discretion of WLDE, Fun 101.7, and such change(s)
will become effective upon on-air or other appropriate announcement.
The contest is void where prohibited.
WLDE, Fun 101.7 makes no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the nature of the prize awarded. If this contest is not capable of running as planned due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, Force Majeure or any other causes beyond the control of WLDE, Fun 101.7 which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, WLDE, Fun 101.7 reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who WLDE, Fun 101.7 believes has tampered with the participation process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. The use of any device attached to or connected to a phone to automate participation or to attempt to increase participation in an unfair manner is prohibited.
As a consequence of delays in the online streaming of the WLDE, Fun 101.7 signal compared to over-the-air broadcasts, online listeners may be at a disadvantage in attempting to participate in on-air contests. Entrants are encouraged to listen to the station on-air. WLDE, Fun 101.7 is not responsible for online streaming delays.
Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification,
at the sole discretion of WLDE, Fun 101.7.
WLDE, Fun 101.7 is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the
printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of
Copies of the written contest rules are available during regular business hours at the
main studio of WLDE, Fun 101.7 or by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to WLDE, Fun 101.7, at the address above.